• enhance
  • 2015/06/18 13:34:32 發表
  • 發文IP:60.250.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2012/04/11
  • 留言總數:83424
  • 累計好評:19591
小八卦?

國內媒體有翻譯報導,可以找找。

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/06/more-on-chen-and-thoughts-on-schoop-rejoining-roster.html
June 17, 2015 6:33 AM by Roch Kubatko

I've heard that Chen seemed receptive to the move and understood the reasoning behind it after meeting with Showalter. Chen phoned Boras, who probably has concerns that the "demotion" leaves the impression that his client is injured or fragile.

Boras thinks the Orioles are slowing Chen's roll. The Orioles think they're doing Chen - and in turn, his agent - a big favor by making sure the left-hander stays strong for the long haul. And Chen's ERA may look a lot better without that trip to Toronto.

This whole thing likely will blow over, but it provided a bit of drama on a night when the Orioles went on a home run binge while center fielder Adam Jones tried to let his battered body heal.

Boras also represents Chris Parmelee, whose arrival yesterday was part of the reason why the Orioles optioned Chen. It's a small, small baseball world.
the devil is in the details
   本文已有評價: =0。

• TZUBA
  • d9047701
  • 2015/06/18 14:25:04 發表
  • 發文IP:163.29.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2009/09/23
  • 留言總數:18637
  • 累計好評:6157
回應 enhance (enhance) 所寫
小八卦?

國內媒體有翻譯報導,可以找找。

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/06/more-on-chen-and-thoughts-on-schoop-rejoining-roster.html
June 17, 2015 6:33 AM by Roch Kubatko

I've heard that Chen seemed receptive to the move and understood the reasoning behind it after meeting with Showalter. Chen phoned Boras, who probably has concerns that the "demotion" leaves the impression that his client is injured or fragile.

Boras thinks the Orioles are slowing Chen's roll. The Orioles think they're doing Chen - and in turn, his agent - a big favor by making sure the left-hander stays strong for the long haul. And Chen's ERA may look a lot better without that trip to Toronto.

This whole thing likely will blow over, but it provided a bit of drama on a night when the Orioles went on a home run binge while center fielder Adam Jones tried to let his battered body heal.

Boras also represents Chris Parmelee, whose arrival yesterday was part of the reason why the Orioles optioned Chen. It's a small, small baseball world.

同一個動作,不同角度有不同解讀無辜

• ~桑~
  • sun365
  • 2015/06/18 16:57:19 發表
  • 發文IP:163.27.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2006/06/09
  • 留言總數:15283
  • 累計好評:2737
非常失望無辜
為了孩子~無限期支持反核運動!!

• enhance
  • enhance
  • 2015/06/18 17:01:59 發表
回應 sun365 (~桑~) 所寫
非常失望無辜

微笑還好吧,球團保護他(免於過勞),一如北佬之前對皮耐打所作的

只是老皮休息太久,上一場被打得咪咪貓貓

• enhance
  • enhance
  • 2015/06/18 17:29:58 發表
純轉貼

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-schmuck-column-0618-20150617-column.html
O's tiff with Scott Boras, Wei-Yin Chen latest episode in summer of contract questions
Peter Schmuck
BALTIMORE SUN
peter.schmuck@baltsun.com

JUNE 17, 2015, 3:37PM

The unpleasantness that bubbled up after Orioles pitcher Wei-Yin Chen was temporarily demoted to the minor leagues Tuesday isn't likely to become a serious distraction for a team that's playing its best baseball of the season. But it's probably a sign of things to come for a club that is awash in contractual uncertainty.

Chen is likely headed for free agency after this season, so no one should be surprised that superagent Scott Boras expressed dismay at a move that will reduce the number of starts his client will make this year.

And, of course, no one should be shocked that Orioles manager Buck Showalter and baseball operations guru Dan Duquette found a way — albeit a "grossly irregular" one, according to Boras — to solve an imminent organizational roster problem.

The Orioles needed a roster spot and Chen has a minor league option, so there's no recourse for Boras and Chen but to make their disappointment public and remember all this when it's time to decide where the left-hander will play next year.

News flash: It probably will not be here either way.

Showalter cast the move as one that would help Chen remain fresh over the long, hot summer and possibly save him a tough outing against the big-swinging Toronto Blue Jays this weekend. He has not matched up particularly well in four career starts against the Jays (1-3, 5.40 ERA) and he is coming off an extended performance Monday night. So, there was some logic in keeping him out of Canada.微笑

It's really not important who's right or wrong. This all shall pass, especially if Chen keeps pitching well and the Orioles continue their impressive summer resurgence. But this particular teapot tempest figures to be only the beginning of a summer and fall of contract speculation and roster volatility.

The Orioles have so many players who will be eligible for free agency at the end of the year that just about every significant move the front office makes between now and then is going to be debated in that context.

In fact, it has already happened. The decision earlier this month to option rookie starter Mike Wright after an impressive four-start performance to make room for the return of veteran Bud Norris didn't make perfect sense from a purely baseball perspective. Norris had struggled through spring training and was off to a tough start, but the decision on who to keep in the rotation came down to more than just who was pitching better at the time.

Norris is another potential free agent and won 15 games last year, so the Orioles needed to re-establish his value for some obvious reasons — including the possibility of dealing him at either the July 31 or Aug. 31 trade deadline.

From here on out, there is going to be speculation about any number of players. The call-up of versatile infielder/outfielder Chris Parmelee on Tuesday is — on its face — a pretty simple case of the Orioles wanting to prevent him from exercising his opt-out clause. But you can read a lot more than that into it.

Depending on the club's performance over the next couple of months, Parmelee could end up being a fallback option if the Orioles decide to get some talent in return for slugger Chris Davis before Boras steers him elsewhere next winter.

That probably seems to be an unlikely scenario at the moment, since the Orioles have rebounded from a series of early-season injuries to reassert themselves in the evenly matched American League East. But Duquette and Showalter have proven over the past three seasons that they are not bound by the limits of baseball orthodoxy — as Chen and Boras found out again Tuesday.

There will come a point where Duquette must begin to balance the needs of the present and future if the Orioles are to continue to be competitive beyond this year. The club already is preparing for the likely departures of Chen and Norris, and has Wright, Kevin Gausman and promising Tyler Wilson all waiting for their chance to step into the rotation.

The team does not have the same level of position depth, which should mute midseason speculation about Davis and Matt Wieters. However, nothing is ever out of the question with Duquette, except, perhaps, convincing Boras to consider a hometown discount.

In the meantime, there will be other curious roster moves and machinations — and perhaps some grumbling in the ranks. But Duquette and Showalter have proven to be pretty good at getting the most out of a 40-man roster.微笑

It's no secret that they have different priorities than the agents who represent their players, but it's still very much in their interests to put those players in the best position to succeed. They have done that with Chen and his terrific performance over the past 15 months is all the proof anyone should need.

• TZUBA
  • d9047701
  • 2015/06/18 19:24:37 發表
  • 發文IP:163.29.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2009/09/23
  • 留言總數:18637
  • 累計好評:6157
我是這麼看的

能避開藍鳥,讓防禦率好看點,順便讓他休息,怎麼看也不是什麼壞事
只是當初是怎麼溝通的,陳偉殷是否真的很不爽,還是不得而知

但是放長遠來看,防禦率好看,不受傷,這都是很好的交易籌碼
對球團、球員而言,都不是損失,波拉斯?可就不一定傻笑

至於是否為玻璃人?這應該不是下放個一場不投就能看得出來的
只要之後的比賽能維持好的狀態,能否續留金鶯,這不會是個問題
對其他球團來說,一個有成績、能掌握狀況並附帶有使用說明書的球員
比起如和田毅、帕瓦諾這類低C/P值的,簽下來,怎麼算都划算微笑

• 巧達
  • guo6671
  • 2015/06/18 20:04:24 發表
  • 發文IP:223.138.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2014/02/11
  • 留言總數:3488
  • 累計好評:3
就算金鶯不要 一堆球團也搶著要無辜

• 大衛王
  • deviano093
  • 2015/06/18 23:07:43 發表
  • 發文IP:61.224.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2013/05/01
  • 留言總數:11410
  • 累計好評:2933
回應 guo6671 (guo6671) 所寫
就算金鶯不要 一堆球團也搶著要無辜

就是這樣,才要下放製造受傷的假象!

• 我發我發
  • money8525858
  • 2015/06/19 07:23:42 發表
  • 發文IP:119.15.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2015/06/12
  • 留言總數:7
  • 累計好評:0
對金鶯無言.很悶

• 大衛王
  • deviano093
  • 2015/06/19 10:39:18 發表
  • 發文IP:111.82.xxx.xxx
  • 註冊日期:2013/05/01
  • 留言總數:11410
  • 累計好評:2933
果然朝商業性動作推策!!
避免大家搶著要,下放製造受傷假象!!
沒人要再來壓低價錢!!!
畢竟一年400太便宜ㄌ!!!

• enhance
  • enhance
  • 2015/06/22 11:02:00 發表
看起來是無差別流通通下去蹲戰術,沒有特別針對性。

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-pregame-os-option-gausman-to-triplea-jones-out-of-lineup-drake-returns-20150621-story.html
Kevin Gausman optioned to Triple-A, Adam Jones out of Sunday's lineup
By Eduardo A. Encina
The Baltimore Sun

The Orioles continued to shuttle right-hander Kevin Gausman between the majors and minors on Sunday, optioning one of their top young pitchers to Triple-A Norfolk one day after he returned from the disabled list and pitched five strong innings in a 5-3 win.

Right-hander Oliver Drake was recalled from Triple-A to give the Orioles an additional reliever.

Since making his major league debut on May 23, 2013 in Toronto, this is the sixth time Gausman, 24, has been optioned to the minor leagues.

With right-hander Miguel Gonzalez eligible to come off the disabled list and left-hander Wei-Yin Chen scheduled to rejoin the team after a short stint in High-A Frederick, Gausman didn’t have a spot in the next turn of the starting rotation. The club decided to send him to Triple-A so he can continue to build his innings as a starter.

(SKIP)

==
如果球團季末不會留下FA,那麼把option用完似乎是合理的選擇,反正不用白不用。

個人意見

廣  告

• enhance
  • enhance
  • 2015/06/22 16:53:12 發表
這邊有當事人的說法

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/06/wei-yin-chen-i-dont-worry-about-anything-between-me-and-the-orioles-officials.html
Wei-Yin Chen: "I don't worry about anything between me and the Orioles' officials"
June 20, 2015 7:58 PM by Steve Melewski

After the Orioles optioned Chen here on Tuesday, he sent out two tweets, and one said he was "disappointed my routine is being interrupted."

Later his agent, Scott Boras, told the Baltimore Sun: "To disrupt a season like this for a pitcher of Chen's status and to disrupt his routine, which is so important for a starting pitcher, is grossly irregular. I've never seen anything like this in the sport of baseball in my 30 years of doing this."

Tonight Chen talked with reporters and made his first comments since Tuesday, speaking through his interpreter, Louis Chao, at Harry Grove Stadium.

"Nobody would be happy to get sent down when you are feeling great and after you pitched a good game," Chen said. "We talked, me and Buck talked, and I accept. ... I was disappointed but still I accepted the decision. I believe the team had its reason. We just better leave this in the past and now my only focus is to help the team win the championship."

此討論串共有 2 頁 / 31 則留言
前往頁面: « 第一頁 1 2 最終頁 »